Once you get patients to Like you on Facebook, you need to keep them engaged so that they continue to follow your page and share your content with their network of friends. But what is it that your Facebook followers are after anyway? What type of content and information will encourage them to actively follow, share and converse with your page?
Here are a few tips on ways you can keep your engagement levels high, patients participating and new Fans liking your page.
Keep current patients informed with the latest office news and happenings. This can include a simple post about a new doctor, photos of your newly renovated waiting room or a link to your newsletter.
Whenever your practice is running a special promotion, make sure you announce the offer to your Facebook community. This is a great way to increase awareness about a treatment, such as Invisalign or teeth whitening as well as generate phone calls about the discounted service. Other non-patients can be exposed to the promotion as well and can contact your office for additional information.
Keep patients up to speed with the latest in dental healthcare by sharing interesting industry news, data or stories that patients would find relevant to their lives. This could include an article written about Halloween candy and cavity prevention, new research on diabetes and gum disease or a publication about a new implant procedure and its benefits.
When communicating with your Fans on your page, try a mixture of updates such as a patient video testimonial, a poll or a contest. These interactive posts will encourage your visitors to participate in the conversation by posting comments or sharing your activity with their contacts, thus exposing your practice to hundreds of other Facebook users.
Remember, effective Facebook marketing requires that you are conversing on your page regularly. There are many ways to keep the conversation flowing and Fans engaged. For more tips, read The Elements of a Social Media Marketing Strategy or contact your Web Presence Advisor.
- ADA Website Accessibility Compliance: Protect Your Practice ( July 30, 2017 )
- The Social Media Overshare: What Not to Say on Social Media ( April 15, 2017 )
- Getting the Word Out: 4 Simple Ways to Promote Your Practice Website ( March 16, 2017 )
- “It Came From 2005!” And Other Practice Website Horror Stories ( October 29, 2015 )
- Social Media Tips and Tricks, Part 2 ( September 20, 2013 )
- Social Media Tips and Tricks ( September 12, 2013 )
- How to Earn the Trust and Loyalty of Your Patients Online ( December 20, 2012 )
- Making Time For Your Practice Blog ( November 29, 2012 )
- Symptoms of an Unhealthy Website You Shouldn’t Ignore ( August 22, 2012 )
- Look before You Leap, Read before You Tweet ( August 13, 2012 )
- What Is Patient Engagement And Why Does It Matter?
- SEO: When Will I See Results?
- The Best Time To Reach New Patients
- 3 Benefits of Employee Advocacy on Social Media
- 3 Steps to Reach Millennials on Social Media
- ADA Website Accessibility Compliance: Protect Your Practice
- The New Patient’s Journey: How to Attract 5 Kinds of New Patients
- On-Page SEO: How Title Tags Benefit Your Website
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- February 2015
- September 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- March 2011