84% of people trust an online review as much as a personal recommendation from a friend or family member. This includes reviews for healthcare practices.
But monitoring reviews and directory listings can require a significant time commitment. Because of this, they often fall by the wayside.
Read this article to learn how you can revamp your reviews and use them to improve your online reputation.
1. Don’t Ignore Negative Reviews
It understandable to dread getting a negative review, but even a negative review can be turned positive. If you receive a negative review, there are three things to consider.
First, don’t ignore a negative review. Ignoring a negative review won’t make it go away and may give the impression that you don’t care. Second, remember to stay calm. Online reviews can get mean spirited, but don’t get defensive and always take the high road. Finally, respond to a review with new patients in mind. Address the dissatisfied patient’s concerns and display a personal level of care to each review.
2. Respond to Positive Reviews
A positive review means that a patient took time out of their day to advocate for your practice. Thank them for it! This makes patients happy and shows everyone else that you’re engaged with your patients.
3. Use Content to Build Trust
The content you create for your website complements the authority of your positive reviews. Patient education, blog posts, a social media presence, and guest posting on other blogs all create a solid body of content. This demonstrates your expertise and the care you have for your patients.
4. Reputation Management Software Makes It Easy
Likely, you’re already short on time. Reputation management software (like ours) drastically reduces the amount of time it takes to manage your online reputation. Monitoring reviews and controlling your information across the web can be automated using a software solution.
5. Make Yourself Easier to Contact
An easy way to improve the perception of your practice is to make it as easy as possible to contact your staff. A phone number, email, and contact form prominently displayed on your website is a must. You can also add widgets like chat apps and make sure to stay responsive on social media.
6. Make It Easy to Leave Reviews
Claim every listing your practice is listed on, especially Google. When your directory listings and social media pages are all claimed and accurate, leaving feedback is easy. (We help you control your practice on over 60 maps, apps, and directory listings).
7. Ask for Reviews
Simply asking for reviews is one of the best ways to get patients to leave them for you. Search Engine Land found that 70% of customers will leave a review when asked. This is another area where reputation management software can help with automated review tools.
8. Display Testimonials on Your Website
Be sure to display your best reviews on your website, preferably on the home page. You want to make sure your best reviews are the first thing that new patients see. There is no marketing that is more effective than positive words from a previous patient.
Managing your online reviews, directory listings, and reputation helps you build a positive online reputation that makes you stand out online. To learn more about online reputation and listings management, contact Officite.
Also, be sure to download our white paper “5 Ways Online Listings and Reviews Affect the Patient Journey” to learn more.
- How to Take SEO Even Further ( October 28, 2019 )
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook ( September 15, 2019 )
- Increase Engagement, Rankings, and Outcomes with Patient Education ( July 30, 2019 )
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence ( June 15, 2019 )
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less ( May 22, 2019 )
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.” ( May 2, 2019 )
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings ( April 26, 2019 )
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know ( March 31, 2019 )
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like ( March 11, 2019 )
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website ( February 8, 2019 )
- How to Take SEO Even Further
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews
- Increase Engagement, Rankings, and Outcomes with Patient Education
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.”
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)