By: Melody Gandy-Bohr
In a society where 80% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations, reputation is everything. Your practice’s success is directly tied to its online reputation. If a potential patient reads a favorable review, their trust in your practice grows, though a negative review could turn them away. Maintaining a positive reputation can be a source of anxiety for many practices, but with the right strategy, it doesn’t have to be. Follow these tips to successfully build and improve your practice’s online reputation.
Create Good Content
What do patients look for when they’re searching for a healthcare practice? For starters, a professional website that is mobile-friendly. Visitors to your website are likely to look you up on their smartphone, so make sure your website renders properly on mobile devices.
Next, make sure that your website features relevant content that is both informative and grabs the visitor’s attention. If your website doesn’t convince the visitor that your practice is what they’re looking for, they will quickly click away. It’s crucial to your online reputation that your website leaves a great first impression.
Now that you’ve made a good impression, how do you keep visitors coming back? Whether it’s regular updates to your website or to your integrated blog, generate new content on a frequent basis. Not only does this give visitors a reason to keep checking out your website, this increases engagement, which in turn increases the likelihood that those visitors will convert into patients. An improved online reputation and more patients through your door? That’s a win-win.
Post, Tweet and Share
When it comes to spreading the word about your practice, it’s not about who you know, it’s about who knows you. Your followers on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter can improve your online reputation for you. Engaging with followers on social media helps promote your practice to a wider audience. Every like, comment or share from your followers will be seen by their followers in turn. Share your blog posts or new offers with followers. You’ll be surprised at the positive response from this effortless form of marketing.
Don’t forget to check back in regularly and update your social media accounts consistently. Building a strong following on social media doesn’t mean just setting up a business page. You need to engage with your followers to keep them talking about your practice. Remember, the only thing worse than having an unfavorable reputation is not having a reputation at all.
Respond to All Reviews – Not Just the Nice Ones
In an ideal world, all of your practice’s online reviews would be positive. No one wants to receive an unfavorable review, but they’re bound to happen. What matters most is how you respond.
A kind, thoughtful response shows that your practice values its patients, and prospective patients who read it will take notice. The best possible outcome of a negative review is that the reviewer is so appreciative of your response, they update their review to be more favorable.
Responding to a positive review is equally important. Positive reviews can be contagious! When a patient leaves a glowing review of your practice and you respond with a genuine ‘thank you’, another patient may moved to leave a review of their own. Before you know it, your practice’s online reputation has dramatically increased – and all it took was a ‘thank you.’
Your Online Reputation Matters
The number of consumers searching for doctors online is on the rise, so your practice’s online reputation matters more than ever. Your practice needs a strong online reputation to compete with competitors. Like Rome, your online reputation won’t be built in a day. But if you put in the necessary work on a consistent basis, you’ll get there! Engage with patients online, respond to reviews in a timely manner and, it can’t be stressed enough, be consistent.
No time for reputation management? Let Officite take it off of your plate, so you can get back to running your practice. Talk to an Officite Web Presence Advisor today to learn how we can boost your practice’s online reputation.
- 5 Ways Online Patient Education Makes your Practice Better ( March 13, 2018 )
- The New Patient’s Journey: How to Attract 5 Kinds of New Patients ( June 18, 2017 )
- 3 SEO Myths Busted ( January 11, 2017 )
- Responding Gracefully to Yelp Negativity – Without Violating HIPAA ( December 19, 2016 )
- 3 Reputation-Saving Tips: What Not to Do on Social Media ( December 9, 2016 )
- 3 Red Flags of a Blackhat SEO Agency ( October 30, 2016 )
- Signs It’s Time to Update Your Website ( October 15, 2016 )
- Emojis and Live Video: What’s Trending in Social Media ( October 5, 2016 )
- 4 Easy Steps to Resurrect Your Social Media Presence ( December 10, 2015 )
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.”
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients?
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)