Blogging is an effective way to attract patients and stand out online. And it only requires a small time and financial commitment.
Your blog will pay off long term, too. You create search engine optimization and build authority with your visitors. This content is also easy to share on your social media pages.
Here are thirteen effective blogging ideas you can use to stand out online and create a long-lasting library of helpful content for your visitors.
1. More Content Means More Patients
Each time you publish a new piece of content, you create another opportunity for people to find you. Helpful content can increase website traffic and convert visitors to new patients.
2. Content Pays off over Time
Blog content keeps working for you long after it’s posted to your website. Your best traffic will often come from content you created months (or years) ago that people find in search.
3. Many People Skim Blog Posts
43% of visitors skim blog posts (HubSpot). Write your content in a “skimmable” format using:
- Bulleted lists to break up long paragraphs
- Main ideas as descriptive subheadings
- Images, graphs, and other visual elements and
- A list of key takeaways at the beginning or end of your article
A short video or audio version of your blog at the top of your blog post is an extra way to engage with your content.
4. Optimize Your Blog Titles and Headlines
If the title of an article doesn’t catch your visitor’s attention, they won’t read it. Use proven formulas to create your blog titles, like the 4-U’s Formula.
Your blog title should be:
Urgent: Why should visitors read this article now rather than later?
Unique: What makes this content stand out from everything else?
Useful: What problem does this solve?
Ultra-Specific: What will visitors get from reading your content?
5. Longer Content Generates More Traffic
Aim for 500 to 1000+ words when you write a blog article. This length is more likely to rank higher on search and be shared on social media.
6. Writing a Blog Post Takes 2.5 – 3.5 Hours
You can break this down into parts and write throughout your workday. Or break the writing process into a 3- or 4-day period of time.
7. Blogs Make Your Business Stand Out
Small businesses with blogs get 126% higher lead growth than those without a blog (QuoraCreative). Content helps people trust your practice, promote you, and makes you stand out online.
8. Include at Least One Media Item in Your Blog Post
Articles that include media get shared about twice as much as those with only plain text (QuoraCreative). Insert a relevant image or video into your blog post about once every 75 to 100 words, if possible.
9. People Share What They Care About
People are glad to share a post that talks about an issue or cause they care about. Create content based around the challenges, needs, and concerns of your patients.
10. Most People Read Blogs (And Subscribe to a Few)
77% of internet users read blogs on a regular basis and get email newsletter updates. Follow the suggestions in this article and your patients will be glad to get your content.
11. People Read 3-5 Pieces of Content Before Making a Decision
People want to know your practice before making a decision to continue as a patient. Brainstorm topics they would find helpful (or have asked you in the past). This creates a library of content that will increase the authority of your practice.
12. Post Weekly (Or More) for Best Results
Bloggers who post weekly are much more likely to report a strong return on investment. It can pay back in term of visitors converting into happy patients.
13. Search Engine Optimization and Email Add Power to Your Blog
Search engine optimization and email marketing have increased in popularity by 34% and 76% respectively (Orbit Media). On-page SEO and email updates can have a significant payoff in website traffic, patient retention, and referrals.
- More content makes you stand out online and has long-term benefits.
- Optimize your article titles to catch the attention of readers.
- Make your content easy to read and include media on each post.
- Create content that addresses the challenges, needs, and interests of your patients.
- A large library of content adds authority and confidence to your practice.
Use these tips to make your practice effective online. Quality content drives traffic and attracts new patients to your practice.
If you have any questions about your website or building a new practice website, contact Officite. We’d be more than glad to help.
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like ( March 11, 2019 )
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website ( February 8, 2019 )
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice ( January 10, 2019 )
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation ( December 1, 2018 )
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients? ( October 11, 2018 )
- What Makes a Professional Website Design? ( September 7, 2018 )
- Social Media: A Highly Effective Way to Build Your Practice ( August 15, 2018 )
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Online Reputation ( August 1, 2018 )
- How Users Search for a Practice on the Web: Past and Present ( July 13, 2018 )
- Blogging: A Creative Outlet That Helps Your Practice ( June 25, 2018 )
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients?
- What Makes a Professional Website Design?
- Social Media: A Highly Effective Way to Build Your Practice
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Online Reputation
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)