Blogging is an effective way to attract patients and stand out online. And it only requires a small time and financial commitment.
Your blog will pay off long term, too. You create search engine optimization and build authority with your visitors. This content is also easy to share on your social media pages.
Here are thirteen effective blogging ideas you can use to stand out online and create a long-lasting library of helpful content for your visitors.
1. More Content Means More Patients
Each time you publish a new piece of content, you create another opportunity for people to find you. Helpful content can increase website traffic and convert visitors to new patients.
2. Content Pays off over Time
Blog content keeps working for you long after it’s posted to your website. Your best traffic will often come from content you created months (or years) ago that people find in search.
3. Many People Skim Blog Posts
43% of visitors skim blog posts (HubSpot). Write your content in a “skimmable” format using:
- Bulleted lists to break up long paragraphs
- Main ideas as descriptive subheadings
- Images, graphs, and other visual elements and
- A list of key takeaways at the beginning or end of your article
A short video or audio version of your blog at the top of your blog post is an extra way to engage with your content.
4. Optimize Your Blog Titles and Headlines
If the title of an article doesn’t catch your visitor’s attention, they won’t read it. Use proven formulas to create your blog titles, like the 4-U’s Formula.
Your blog title should be:
Urgent: Why should visitors read this article now rather than later?
Unique: What makes this content stand out from everything else?
Useful: What problem does this solve?
Ultra-Specific: What will visitors get from reading your content?
5. Longer Content Generates More Traffic
Aim for 500 to 1000+ words when you write a blog article. This length is more likely to rank higher on search and be shared on social media.
6. Writing a Blog Post Takes 2.5 – 3.5 Hours
You can break this down into parts and write throughout your workday. Or break the writing process into a 3- or 4-day period of time.
7. Blogs Make Your Business Stand Out
Small businesses with blogs get 126% higher lead growth than those without a blog (QuoraCreative). Content helps people trust your practice, promote you, and makes you stand out online.
8. Include at Least One Media Item in Your Blog Post
Articles that include media get shared about twice as much as those with only plain text (QuoraCreative). Insert a relevant image or video into your blog post about once every 75 to 100 words, if possible.
9. People Share What They Care About
People are glad to share a post that talks about an issue or cause they care about. Create content based around the challenges, needs, and concerns of your patients.
10. Most People Read Blogs (And Subscribe to a Few)
77% of internet users read blogs on a regular basis and get email newsletter updates. Follow the suggestions in this article and your patients will be glad to get your content.
11. People Read 3-5 Pieces of Content Before Making a Decision
People want to know your practice before making a decision to continue as a patient. Brainstorm topics they would find helpful (or have asked you in the past). This creates a library of content that will increase the authority of your practice.
12. Post Weekly (Or More) for Best Results
Bloggers who post weekly are much more likely to report a strong return on investment. It can pay back in term of visitors converting into happy patients.
13. Search Engine Optimization and Email Add Power to Your Blog
Search engine optimization and email marketing have increased in popularity by 34% and 76% respectively (Orbit Media). On-page SEO and email updates can have a significant payoff in website traffic, patient retention, and referrals.
- More content makes you stand out online and has long-term benefits.
- Optimize your article titles to catch the attention of readers.
- Make your content easy to read and include media on each post.
- Create content that addresses the challenges, needs, and interests of your patients.
- A large library of content adds authority and confidence to your practice.
Use these tips to make your practice effective online. Quality content drives traffic and attracts new patients to your practice.
If you have any questions about your website or building a new practice website, contact Officite. We’d be more than glad to help.
- Ready to Reopen. ( May 27, 2020 )
- Turning this Moment Into Momentum ( April 27, 2020 )
- Our Top Resources: Everything You Need to Get Found Online ( March 1, 2020 )
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online ( February 25, 2020 )
- A Look at the Way HIPAA Impacts Digital Marketing ( January 15, 2020 )
- Healthcare Practices: Get Improved Results from Online Marketing in 2020 ( December 31, 2019 )
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow ( November 25, 2019 )
- How to Take SEO Even Further ( October 28, 2019 )
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook ( September 15, 2019 )
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews ( August 15, 2019 )
- Ready to Reopen.
- Turning this Moment Into Momentum
- Our Top Resources: Everything You Need to Get Found Online
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online
- A Look at the Way HIPAA Impacts Digital Marketing
- Healthcare Practices: Get Improved Results from Online Marketing in 2020
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow
- How to Take SEO Even Further
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (1)
- February 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)