By: Melody Gandy-Bohr
Millennials (born 1980 to 2000) are the “always-connected” generation. This tech savvy group is more active on social media than any other generation. They make-up about 80 million people in the USA and have an estimated $2.45US trillion in spending power. This makes them an audience you can’t ignore in your practice’s marketing strategy. Because of their unique values, they can be a challenging group for businesses to reach. Here are three strategies you can incorporate to reach this growing demographic.
- Support A Cause That Fits Your Practice
A key factor to reaching millennials is knowing what motivates them. Many millennials prefer to support a business that commits itself to social responsibility. Studies show one of the top 10 reasons people buy from a company is because that company supports a good cause. Socially-conscious posts are replacing “selfies” on social networks and receive higher engagement. If your practice supports a cause, talk about it on your social media networks. You can earn more engagement and loyalty from your millennial followers.
- Be Authentic
The internet originated as a place where people could talk about what mattered to them. Today is no different, especially among this age group. Millennials are often authentic in talking about their experiences and ideals on social media. Posting content with good storytelling and authenticity will help you embrace the same attitude. Doing so will make your practice more relatable. Content from a relatable practice is likely to receive higher engagement.
- Create Engaging Content
Social networks that resonate with millennials include Facebook and Twitter. These are also the most effective social networks for medical practices. A content strategy should include content this demographic finds engaging. Media rich content that includes photos and video are particularly effective. Encourage readers to engage with your content by liking and sharing it.
Every day more brands are changing their marketing strategy to target millennials. The potential is too great to miss out on. Give this audience a reason to engage you and they may turn into real-life patients. If you have questions about building your social media strategy, please feel free to contact Officite today.
- 5 Ways Online Patient Education Makes your Practice Better ( March 13, 2018 )
- 4 Signs Your Website Has Met Its Expiration Date ( March 1, 2018 )
- How to Market Your Practice in 2018 ( February 15, 2018 )
- Your 2018: Cybersecurity Guide ( January 12, 2018 )
- What Is Patient Engagement And Why Does It Matter? ( November 7, 2017 )
- SEO: When Will I See Results? ( November 7, 2017 )
- The Best Time To Reach New Patients ( October 7, 2017 )
- 3 Benefits of Employee Advocacy on Social Media ( September 19, 2017 )
- ADA Website Accessibility Compliance: Protect Your Practice ( July 30, 2017 )
- The New Patient’s Journey: How to Attract 5 Kinds of New Patients ( June 18, 2017 )
- 5 Ways Online Patient Education Makes your Practice Better
- 4 Signs Your Website Has Met Its Expiration Date
- How to Market Your Practice in 2018
- Get the Best Results from a Healthcare Marketing Company
- Your 2018: Cybersecurity Guide
- The Simple Truth About Winning Top Search Results
- What Is Patient Engagement And Why Does It Matter?
- SEO: When Will I See Results?
- The Best Time To Reach New Patients
- 3 Benefits of Employee Advocacy on Social Media
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (2)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (2)
- October 2015 (2)