By: Melody Gandy-Bohr
Millennials (born 1980 to 2000) are the “always-connected” generation. This tech savvy group is more active on social media than any other generation. They make-up about 80 million people in the USA and have an estimated $2.45US trillion in spending power. This makes them an audience you can’t ignore in your practice’s marketing strategy. Because of their unique values, they can be a challenging group for businesses to reach. Here are three strategies you can incorporate to reach this growing demographic.
- Support A Cause That Fits Your Practice
A key factor to reaching millennials is knowing what motivates them. Many millennials prefer to support a business that commits itself to social responsibility. Studies show one of the top 10 reasons people buy from a company is because that company supports a good cause. Socially-conscious posts are replacing “selfies” on social networks and receive higher engagement. If your practice supports a cause, talk about it on your social media networks. You can earn more engagement and loyalty from your millennial followers.
- Be Authentic
The internet originated as a place where people could talk about what mattered to them. Today is no different, especially among this age group. Millennials are often authentic in talking about their experiences and ideals on social media. Posting content with good storytelling and authenticity will help you embrace the same attitude. Doing so will make your practice more relatable. Content from a relatable practice is likely to receive higher engagement.
- Create Engaging Content
Social networks that resonate with millennials include Facebook and Twitter. These are also the most effective social networks for medical practices. A content strategy should include content this demographic finds engaging. Media rich content that includes photos and video are particularly effective. Encourage readers to engage with your content by liking and sharing it.
Every day more brands are changing their marketing strategy to target millennials. The potential is too great to miss out on. Give this audience a reason to engage you and they may turn into real-life patients. If you have questions about building your social media strategy, please feel free to contact Officite today.
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know ( March 31, 2019 )
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like ( March 11, 2019 )
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website ( February 8, 2019 )
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation ( December 1, 2018 )
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients? ( October 11, 2018 )
- What Makes a Professional Website Design? ( September 7, 2018 )
- Social Media: A Highly Effective Way to Build Your Practice ( August 15, 2018 )
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Online Reputation ( August 1, 2018 )
- How Users Search for a Practice on the Web: Past and Present ( July 13, 2018 )
- Blogging: A Creative Outlet That Helps Your Practice ( June 25, 2018 )
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients?
- What Makes a Professional Website Design?
- Social Media: A Highly Effective Way to Build Your Practice
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Online Reputation
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)