By: Melody Gandy-Bohr
Millennials (born 1980 to 2000) are the “always-connected” generation. This tech savvy group is more active on social media than any other generation. They make-up about 80 million people in the USA and have an estimated $2.45US trillion in spending power. This makes them an audience you can’t ignore in your practice’s marketing strategy. Because of their unique values, they can be a challenging group for businesses to reach. Here are three strategies you can incorporate to reach this growing demographic.
- Support A Cause That Fits Your Practice
A key factor to reaching millennials is knowing what motivates them. Many millennials prefer to support a business that commits itself to social responsibility. Studies show one of the top 10 reasons people buy from a company is because that company supports a good cause. Socially-conscious posts are replacing “selfies” on social networks and receive higher engagement. If your practice supports a cause, talk about it on your social media networks. You can earn more engagement and loyalty from your millennial followers.
- Be Authentic
The internet originated as a place where people could talk about what mattered to them. Today is no different, especially among this age group. Millennials are often authentic in talking about their experiences and ideals on social media. Posting content with good storytelling and authenticity will help you embrace the same attitude. Doing so will make your practice more relatable. Content from a relatable practice is likely to receive higher engagement.
- Create Engaging Content
Social networks that resonate with millennials include Facebook and Twitter. These are also the most effective social networks for medical practices. A content strategy should include content this demographic finds engaging. Media rich content that includes photos and video are particularly effective. Encourage readers to engage with your content by liking and sharing it.
Every day more brands are changing their marketing strategy to target millennials. The potential is too great to miss out on. Give this audience a reason to engage you and they may turn into real-life patients. If you have questions about building your social media strategy, please feel free to contact Officite today.
- Turning this Moment Into Momentum ( April 27, 2020 )
- Our Top Resources: Everything You Need to Get Found Online ( March 1, 2020 )
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online ( February 25, 2020 )
- Healthcare Practices: Get Improved Results from Online Marketing in 2020 ( December 31, 2019 )
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow ( November 25, 2019 )
- How to Take SEO Even Further ( October 28, 2019 )
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook ( September 15, 2019 )
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews ( August 15, 2019 )
- Increase Engagement, Rankings, and Outcomes with Patient Education ( July 30, 2019 )
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence ( June 15, 2019 )
- The Free Google Tools You Need To Give Your Practice a Boost
- 3 ways your website can help your practice flourish in 2021
- Ready to Reopen.
- Turning this Moment Into Momentum
- Our Top Resources: Everything You Need to Get Found Online
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online
- A Look at the Way HIPAA Impacts Digital Marketing
- Healthcare Practices: Get Improved Results from Online Marketing in 2020
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow
- How to Take SEO Even Further
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (1)
- February 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)