Let’s imagine for a moment that you’re looking for a nice place to eat this evening. You narrow your options down to two choices as you’re walking down the street.
Through one restaurant window, you see a few patrons at their tables and not much else. Through another window, you see that every table is filled. There’s even a small line of people forming to see if they have a chance at getting a table tonight.
Which restaurant would you rather eat at?
Most likely, the one with more patrons. We use these cues as a shortcut for making decisions – it’s called social proof.
Social proof works much the same way online as offline. A healthcare practice isn’t the same type of business as a restaurant. But people want social proof no matter which type of business they’re looking for.
You can use social proof online to help your practice:
- Make a strong first impression online
- Improve search rankings
- And build trust with potential patients
Read on to learn about how social proof works online and how it can help potential new patients contact your practice.
Types of Social Proof
There are dozens of types of social proof that you can use both online and offline. Some have been around for decades and some are fairly new.
This is a brief list of the most effective types of social proof you can start using right away:
Your website is often the first impression patients get of your practice. If they see positive testimonials on your homepage, this will leave a favorable impression that will make them remember you.
Make it a regular practice to contact patients after they visit your practice. Collect testimonials and display them on your website. Officite makes this easy with our online reputation management service.
70% of global online consumers say they trust online reviews. Many use these reviews to make purchasing decisions and are more likely to choose a business with a collection of positive reviews.
Collecting online reviews on a regular basis and displaying them on your website, Google My Business profile, and social media may also help boost your search rankings.
Linking your social media accounts to your website is another way to build the online credibility of your practice.
When patients see that you have a wider presence on the web, along with patient interaction, helpful content, and easy access to your staff, it increases the trust they have in your practice.
Take a moment to skim through your website and the rest of your online presence. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have positive testimonials on your practice website?
- Do you have reviews on social media, Google My Business, and other review tools?
- Do you have a social media page and use it to stay connected with patients?
If you’re not sure about whether you are utilizing online social proof and reputation management in the most effective way, contact Officite today.
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less ( May 22, 2019 )
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.” ( May 2, 2019 )
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings ( April 26, 2019 )
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know ( March 31, 2019 )
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like ( March 11, 2019 )
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website ( February 8, 2019 )
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice ( January 10, 2019 )
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation ( December 1, 2018 )
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients? ( October 11, 2018 )
- What Makes a Professional Website Design? ( September 7, 2018 )
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.”
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients?
- What Makes a Professional Website Design?
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)