Let’s imagine for a moment that you’re looking for a nice place to eat this evening. You narrow your options down to two choices as you’re walking down the street.
Through one restaurant window, you see a few patrons at their tables and not much else. Through another window, you see that every table is filled. There’s even a small line of people forming to see if they have a chance at getting a table tonight.
Which restaurant would you rather eat at?
Most likely, the one with more patrons. We use these cues as a shortcut for making decisions – it’s called social proof.
Social proof works much the same way online as offline. A healthcare practice isn’t the same type of business as a restaurant. But people want social proof no matter which type of business they’re looking for.
You can use social proof online to help your practice:
- Make a strong first impression online
- Improve search rankings
- And build trust with potential patients
Read on to learn about how social proof works online and how it can help potential new patients contact your practice.
Types of Social Proof
There are dozens of types of social proof that you can use both online and offline. Some have been around for decades and some are fairly new.
This is a brief list of the most effective types of social proof you can start using right away:
Your website is often the first impression patients get of your practice. If they see positive testimonials on your homepage, this will leave a favorable impression that will make them remember you.
Make it a regular practice to contact patients after they visit your practice. Collect testimonials and display them on your website. Officite makes this easy with our online reputation management service.
70% of global online consumers say they trust online reviews. Many use these reviews to make purchasing decisions and are more likely to choose a business with a collection of positive reviews.
Collecting online reviews on a regular basis and displaying them on your website, Google My Business profile, and social media may also help boost your search rankings.
Linking your social media accounts to your website is another way to build the online credibility of your practice.
When patients see that you have a wider presence on the web, along with patient interaction, helpful content, and easy access to your staff, it increases the trust they have in your practice.
Take a moment to skim through your website and the rest of your online presence. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have positive testimonials on your practice website?
- Do you have reviews on social media, Google My Business, and other review tools?
- Do you have a social media page and use it to stay connected with patients?
If you’re not sure about whether you are utilizing online social proof and reputation management in the most effective way, contact Officite today.
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online ( February 25, 2020 )
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow ( November 25, 2019 )
- How to Take SEO Even Further ( October 28, 2019 )
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook ( September 15, 2019 )
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews ( August 15, 2019 )
- Increase Engagement, Rankings, and Outcomes with Patient Education ( July 30, 2019 )
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence ( June 15, 2019 )
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less ( May 22, 2019 )
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.” ( May 2, 2019 )
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings ( April 26, 2019 )
- How to Safeguard Personal Health Information Online
- A Look at the Way HIPAA Impacts Digital Marketing
- Healthcare Practices: Get Improved Results from Online Marketing in 2020
- Digital Marketing Resources to Help Your Practice Grow
- How to Take SEO Even Further
- The Healthcare Marketing Playbook
- 8 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Online Reviews
- Increase Engagement, Rankings, and Outcomes with Patient Education
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less
- February 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)