Keeping up with digital channels and techniques and incorporating them into your marketing strategy is essential if you want to stay competitive in an increasingly online marketplace. Patients expect to be able to find and engage with your practice online, and if you aren’t growing your online presence, you’re losing patients to practices that are.
Fortunately, getting started with digital marketing is easier than you might think. Here are three strategies to help you boost your practice’s online exposure in 2018.
Build a Website
Having a well-designed website is crucial to improving your search engine visibility and giving your practice the exposure it deserves. Careful consideration of the purpose of your website, the needs of your target audience, and the website designs used by your competitors will help you choose the best design for your current and prospective patients.
To stay competitive and relevant, your website will need a few key elements of modern design. These include:
• Intuitive navigation
• Good quality inbound and outbound links
• High quality, keyword-rich content
Your website should also be fast to load, optimized for mobile devices, and updated often. Patients who find your website relevant, user-friendly and responsive are more likely to contact your practice, and to revisit your website in future!
Use Social Media
Effective use of social media can help you promote your practice and communicate directly with current and prospective patients. Before you start using social media, you’ll need to determine which social media channels are best suited to your target audience and objectives. You should, at the very least, make sure you have a Facebook business page on which to share updates, links, and content with your target audience. You may also want to consider using Twitter, which moves more quickly than Facebook and comes with an audience of engaged, savvy individuals.
Optimize Your Practice for Local Search
Optimizing your practice for local search can help you rank higher in the search engine results for local search queries, such as when a prospective patient searches on their phone for ‘healthcare near me.’
One of the best ways to optimize for these searches is to list your practice on directory websites such as Google My Business. When creating your local listings, be sure to provide information such as your practice’s name, physical address, phone number and opening hours. You should also choose a category that describes your practice from the provided list.
Once you’ve created a local listing for your practice, be sure to review and update it often. You should also encourage your patients to leave feedback and respond to both positive and negative reviews. High-quality, positive reviews from your patients will improve your practice’s visibility and increase the likelihood that prospective patients will contact your practice to request more information or book an appointment.
Developing a strong online presence is easier than you might think. By using these three digital marketing strategies, you can connect with your target audience and generate new leads. No time to do all the above? Not sure where to begin? Contact us for more information on letting a powerful digital marketing company take the reins, so you can get back to focusing on your practice.
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence ( June 15, 2019 )
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.” ( May 2, 2019 )
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings ( April 26, 2019 )
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know ( March 31, 2019 )
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like ( March 11, 2019 )
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website ( February 8, 2019 )
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice ( January 10, 2019 )
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation ( December 1, 2018 )
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients? ( October 11, 2018 )
- What Makes a Professional Website Design? ( September 7, 2018 )
- How Directory Listings Affect Your Online Presence
- 6 Important Questions Your Healthcare Website Must Answer in 15 Seconds or Less
- Online Marketing Myths: “If You Build It, They Will Come.”
- A Quick Way to Boost Your Search Rankings
- 13 Blogging Ideas You Need to Know
- Here’s What a Thriving Practice Looks Like
- The 3-Minute Guide to Creating a Modern Website
- 4 Facets of SEO That Will Make or Break Your Practice
- This Is How Googling Yourself Will Boost Your Online Reputation
- Do Your Online Listings and Reviews Attract New Patients?
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (2)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)